Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Tuesday morning randoms

Today is one of those rare mornings where Lila decided to sleep in.  After I got Brendan and Jason out the door for school and work, I tip-toed into her room expecting to hear,

"Hi Momma!"

I was greeted with a soft snore and her butt up in the air.  I quietly backed out of her room to prepare my coffee and breakfast, which I got to eat while catching up on my Internet reads.  Here it is a full 30 minutes later and she's still snoozing away.  Or if she's up she's playing with her babies in bed.  All 30 of them.

So instead of being productive and taking a shower, or putting laundry away, or starting the dishwasher.  I'm sitting here taking a few minutes to reflect.

1.  Lila all of a sudden is a potty-trained kid.  It literally happened overnight.  She just got it and decided to use the potty all the time.  We've been trying on and off for months.  Like Christmas 2011 when she got her first Dora potty seat.  She tells us when she has to go.  She's been keeping her undies or pull-up dry throughout the day and she'll use a bathroom at a store or restaurant.  I'm still amazed at how it just clicked all of a sudden.
Her completed chart.  She filled both sides up and then I didn't make another.  She'd be rich from all the nickels she was earning!

2.  Brendan was in a reading mood last night before bed.  He read me 4 of his sight word books and then he asked if he could read 4 books to Jason.  Proud of my reader.  I hope he continues his love of reading as he grows up.

3. To keep bragging about my kids (good thing grandma reads this and will agree because who else really wants to read about parents bragging about their kids...)  Brendan is having a great soccer season.  Jason is the coach again and was complimented last week after the game by a parent from the opposing team.  He told him that he was doing an amazing job with the kids and to keep up the good work.  Brendan's team has two rules: Try your best and have fun.  He tries to not make it about scoring goals and winning and last year the kids lost all but one game.  They had fun though!  This year their hard work is paying off and they are undefeated so far.  I guess I was bragging about Jason.  I should send him this so he can read it.
One of the nice and sunny Sunday soccer pictures.

4.  Waking up around 5:45am with your 6 year old standing in your room and not talking is creepy.  I think I even said,

"Brendan you are creeping me out.  What are you doing?"

The power had gone off at sometime overnight and his clock had the wrong time.  He wanted me to come fix it.  I told him I would when it was time to get up.  Good thing I use my cell for an alarm and not the alarm clock.  We would have been hours behind this morning.

5.  I should go check on Lila.

6. I just have to shake my head at certain people and laugh.  Mom, shake your head and laugh too.

7.  I need to go get Lila now.  I just heard her yell my name.

1 comment:

  1. Shaking my head and laughing, but not to hard or the vertigo will kick in and I will fall off my chair laughing. You used to come in our room and just stand when you were Brendan's age, but you were sleep walking, really creepy. Thanks for this blog today.

    Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete