Friday, October 19, 2012

20 Weeks (Baby Thrice)

20 weeks...the halfway point!  This time around it seems to be flying!  Probably because we are so busy with Brendan and Lila.  Brendan it seems has all sorts of nightly activities. Ok or two and soccer will be ending this week.  On with my 20 week update...

 (I have a picture on my camera still...like all the previous weeks!  This has been in my drafts for 4 days now and I'll just post it.)

How big is baby: According to my Baby Center email this week, You're at the halfway mark — congratulations! Your baby weighs about 10 1/2 ounces now. He's also around 6 1/2 inches long from head to bottom and about 10 inches from head to heel — the length of a banana. (The way your baby is measured changes now.) He's swallowing more these days, which is good practice for his digestive system. He's also producing meconium, a black, sticky by-product of digestion. This gooey substance will accumulate in his bowels, and you'll see it in his first soiled diaper (although some babies pass meconium in the womb or during delivery).

Weight gain/loss: +1 lb from last week (weighed at doctor for total of 10lbs)

Stretch marks: None

Sleep: Still falling asleep on the couch.  Lila had a stomach bug this week and we spent a couple nights out in the living room on the floor/couch.  The Tigers have been playing late play-off games and I fall asleep on the couch.  I still need that body pillow...

Diet/cravings/aversions: With pumpkin season here I am in need of some roasted pumpkin seeds!!!  I remember craving them when I was pregnant with Lila as well.  I decided to reign in my pop addiction and picked up some of my favorite sparkling water the other day.  0 calories is much better than 140 calories plus a ton of sugar.

Symptoms: Still experiencing the hot flashes.  My doctor told me it was because of the progesterone shots I receive weekly:)  Lovely.  Started getting sick again this week.  Gotta love when throw up is a normal part of your day.  Feeling Braxton Hicks contractions already

Exercise:  Walked to bus stop maybe once or twice.  It is causing more cramps and my doctors definitely do not want that happening.  She told me this week I should be lounging as much as possible.

Gender:Surprise!  I'm starting to think boy more and more.  Maybe because we can't decide on a girl name or Lila is so adamant it is baby sister.  I am just thinking it will be a brother.

Movement:  Lots of movement

The belly:  Getting bigger

Worries:  I get worried because I keep feeling the cramping/tightening.  My doctor did ease my mind when she said it is about being able to time them and the regularity of them.  Not just a random one here and there.  Plus I have my cervix checked bi-weekly so we will know right away if there is any changes and take action from there.

What I'm loving: Feeling lots of baby kicks

No comments:

Post a Comment