Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Friends

Sunday night after a busy weekend of celebrating Thanksgiving, decorating the house, a doctor visit for Brendan, and watching the big game (next year Buckeyes!)...

Brendan and Lila played together.  For an hour.  There was no fighting, yelling, screaming, or tears.  They played with an afghan and spun around in circles only to fall onto the floor and giggle.  They ran up and down the hallway.  They went into Brendan's room and had a party (where Brendan told us later they jumped on his bed..that is why they were laughing so hard).  Brendan sat with Lila and "read" her books.  They looked at a  nature book and he told her about the different birds. 


Did I get my camera out to take pictures?  No.  I took just one with my cell phone.  Brendan and Lila super excited to be looking at the nature book.

Jason and I sat on the couch and wondered how long this "phase" would last.  We are trying not to be too optimistic about their new friendship and our new relaxation time.

This morning when Lila got up Brendan said, "Lila do you want to have a party in my room?  Mommy she is my friend."  Of course Lila responds with "No!" and hurt poor Brendan's feelings.  She needs to have food before she plays.  We will see how they play once he gets home from school today.

No comments:

Post a Comment