Friday, November 18, 2011

Best idea ever

Thank you to my mom and pinterest for this genius idea...

Amazing! Must try now!

image from www.squawkfox.com



I used my mom's advice and tweaked the recipe a little using 1/4 cup kernels and set the microwave for 2 minutes.  Mine popped perfectly with the full two minutes while my mom had to stop hers early.  Just depends on your microwave.  This was the perfect treat for our family movie night as Brendan and I each had our own bag.  He chose to have his popcorn plain and I added a touch of butter and Parmesan cheese to mine.

It tasted just as good as air-popped (which is my favorite way to pop) with the convenience of using your microwave and minimal clean up (the mug I used to melt the butter).  It is so much cheaper which is why I never buy microwave popcorn anyway.  Just brown lunch bag and bag of kernels!

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment