Tuesday, May 8, 2012

The things they've said this week

Brendan is into repeating things he hears at school.

"Mommy if you give me (fill in the blank) I'll be your best friend forever."

He uses this phrase if he wants an extra snack, to play something, or to get one of us to do his chores.  He has also told me that I'm boring and mean if he doesn't get his way.  He was also going to run away from home because I was so boring.  He began singing "I'm sexy and I know it" when it came on the radio because one of his friend's told him the words. 

He told me this morning a big kid (third-grader) told him he was a cry baby at recess.  He told me he was in fact not a cry baby and that boy got in trouble and had to stand along the wall.  I told him there would always be a bigger kid that says not nice things to the little kids and to ignore them.  He told me he would run away laughing.  He also told me about a big kid who told him birds were stinky.  He responded with

"Maybe he heard a blue jay toot."

Since he learned in his bird book that blue jays pass gas and that is the mascot of his school.

Lila is into being independent, loud (wonder where she gets that from), and naughty.  She just hit me this morning because I needed to change her diaper and she wasn't done hiding.  She crosses her arms, pouts her little lip out and sneers,

"No want to Mom."

and Mom comes out in an annoyed adolescent voice.

While she was eating dinner last night

"Mmmm yummy!  Thank you daddy!"

Pretty sure I made it Lila not daddy.  She also told me this morning that she is Daddy's Lila and Brendan is mommy's.  It is funny how they come up with this stuff at such a young age.

1 comment: