Thursday, May 10, 2012

The morning I needed to drink before 8am

Brendan and I have this little before school routine.  I wake up at 6:55 (ok 7am because I hit snooze once) and then go get Brendan up.  We make breakfast, get his lunch ready, talk about what is going on at school that day, get dressed, and brush teeth/hair.  At some point we remember to get Jason up and I start my coffee.  Lila 99% of the time does not get up until Brendan is leaving with Jason for the bus. 

Today she was up before Brendan.  She doesn't know our morning routine with Brendan.  We eat breakfast at the table (Lila and I have picnic breakfast with a show) and we don't watch tv.  She asked for peaches and then wanted Brendan applesauce.  She threw a fit when I suggested she eat the fruit she chose 30 seconds before.  She wanted down from her seat to see daddy.  Then she did not want to see daddy but threw another fit when Brendan gave him a hug.  She hit me when I told her we are not watching a show before Brendan leaves for school and got to sit in time out.  This was all before 7:40am. 

A morning mimosa would have been lovely at that point.

Thankfully she is napping now and the drama has ceased.

For now.

No comments:

Post a Comment