Monday, May 28, 2012

Life's simple pleasures

My mom and I had a talk last night about life's simple pleasures.



I had spent the afternoon with her and she told me about the eclipse.  She was driving out to a high spot near us to see what she could see.



I asked her to come by and pick me up first.  This was something I didn't want to miss.



About 8pm she arrived and off we went on our journey.  This high spot was 20 or so minutes from my house.  It was down a hilly, country road.  The street lined with trees and beautiful homes.  We got to the high spot just in time to see the eclipse begin.  At first we had to wear both pairs of sunglasses to see it...



Then I tried taking pictures through the sunglasses.



We weren't able to capture the image of the sun with a notch missing.  We were able to joke that we were the ONLY people stopped at the side of the road staring at the sun.  We decided that the evening was not lost because we did see the eclipse, if only for a moment, and we enjoyed life for that night.
Beautiful scenery around our "eclipse spot"

So peaceful

An amazing site minutes from my home.  The great egrets in their evening spot.

We slowed down for a few moments.  We enjoyed the breezy night air.  We did not burn our retinas looking at the sun.  It was a good night.

1 comment:

  1. Simple things are always the best when shared with someone you love.

    ReplyDelete